Saturday, October 3, 2009

Higher Learning

higher learning

higher learning

Bloggers: Higher Learning's Saviors, or Destroyers? - bad ...
MIT's student bloggers are grade-A. They write about everything. And the school loves them for it. But not all of America's schools are so keen on handing over the virtual reins. They should, though, because this internet thing's wild.

Higher Learning: Wyclef Jean Going To College - BV Buzz
Higher Learning: Wyclef Jean Going To College. Posted by Jawn Murray on Sep 28th 2009 12:12PM Filed under: Music. Comments (3). PRINTE-MAIL|SHARE. Wyclef Jean Going To College Grammy winner Wyclef Jean is going to college to further his ...

High price of higher learning - Winnipeg Free Press
111Although helpful in providing potential students or hopeful parents with a financial snapshot of ... - Personal Finance - Winnipeg Free Press.

How We Drive, the Blog of Tom Vanderbilt's Traffic » Blog Archive ...
How We Drive, the Official Blog for the Book 'Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us),' by Tom Vanderbilt, published by Alfred A. Knopf.

TMOTTMedia » WYCLEF JEAN is all for Higher Learning
WYCLEF JEAN is all for Higher Learning. According to karencivil.com, Grammy Award winning Wyclef Jean is all for Higher Education; he is enrolling in College. “I am enrolling in Berklee College in Boston to get my bachelor's degree in ...

KarenCivil.com » Higher Learning: Wyclef Going To College
Higher Learning: Wyclef Going To College. wyclef_jean. Grammy winner Wyclef Jean is going to college to further his education. “I am enrolling in Berklee College in Boston to get my bachelor's degree in music! ...

Universities and Institutes of Higher Learning Worldwide Open ...
DataCore Software, a leading provider of storage virtualization, business continuity and disaster recovery software solutions, today announced new SAN software packages and promotions for academic institutes that deliver price savings ...

Random Update Regarding The Institute Of Higher Learning
I'm probably making more out of this than I should, but it just always feels like he's someone of slightly higher social standing. Not that anything he does gives that impression, my mind just works in really weird ways. ...

From Puppy Basics to Institutes of Higher Learning » i Love Dogs
No Responses to “ From Puppy Basics to Institutes of Higher Learning ”. Leave a Comment. Click here to cancel reply. Name (required). Mail (will not be published) (required). Website. Your Comment ...

Will I be able to get into West Point Military Academy (USMA)? What are my Chances?
Hi I'm in 5th grade and I am starting swimming lessons in a few weeks. A lot of the kids at my school go there and there in the high levels and I'm don't want to look like a dork in front of them cause i cant even float PLEASE HELP ME TO LEARN HOW OT SWIM!!!!!!! I really need ot know how ot please help thanks for you time


I'm a Lame Swimmer!!?
Not generalising, but the majority seem to be.... so this statement must be correct?
Africans have contributed basically nothing to the advancement of technology or science. I saw on television once, that in High School they're still learning the alphabet. Whilst in Asia, they're doing high-level calculus and physics.

Just marvel at East Asia.... see the contrast? CBDs with skyscrapers in comparison to shanty towns and wastelands.

Perhaps we were just endowed with these genetics, in which case we can conclude how Africans are the most inferior race on Earth in terms of genes. Don't start getting politically correct, as we associate different breeds of dogs with various levels of intelligence due to their genetics. So in order to put things in perspective, Asians are like German Shepherds while on the other hand, Africans are a mix between Afghan Hounds and maybe a bulldog (due to their crime rate).

So why does everyone say we're born equal, as science says otherwise?


The general consensus in terms of intelligence, is that East Asians are the most smartest, Africans dumbest?
After my 8th grade year in middle school, I want to apply for a technical high school to study hairdressing. But would that effect the college I go to? I heard that if you go to a tech. school, you can't go to a really good college because you need to learn as much academics as possible where as in tech. school, they focus a little on academics and a lot on the course you take. So, can I still get into a state college? And by state college I mean UConn. (University of Connecticut.)

I'm an A-B student, and I'm in advanced placement classes.
I want to go to tech. school so I can open up a salon and work there as a job on the side when I get older. :D


Can you still get into a good college after you go to a tech. school?
Ok, I'm at my aunts house, the only problem is, she had dial up and the videos skip. Even if it loads all the way, it still skips. Well since videos won't help, I need a description, I know you walk and then jerk your head like your twitching, but i need a really good explaination because of a school talent show and we are doing the thriller and im the one who has to learn it and teach it. So step by step instructions please?

Oh and my high speed computer is busted and getting fixed and it might not be able to fix, so... ya.ok, i dont have youtube, videos skip, read the question!!! youtube vids dont help when the video skips and you dont know what kind of move they are doing!


How to do the thriller?
Ok, here's my story...
There's this girl that is created like the god Athena, by the mind. She trains hard for a thousand years, following the gods to learn. A millennium later, Emily Light-storm is born as a girl. She falls from the sky after Zeus banished her from Olympus. A boy the same age as Emily, which is 15, finds her weeping in the highest tree, in midair. He is shocked and......well that's all I got for now! Help me out! Or anything! Just comment!


Do you think this is a good Story?
Im a 14 year old boy and just wanna do some gymnastics or aerobics or whateva lolz. I wanna learn to flip around and jump high, run faster. Even jump buildings like some of the people on youtube. I want to find a place to go somewhere in Boston Massachusetts. Please help me out. Thanks


Do you know where a gym is?
So, after sorting out career options, I've decided to focus on linguistics and I have several questions on it.

I'm in 11th grade and I'm at that age where I need to decide on what colleges to do to and what I want to do for my life.

I've crossed out so many options and came up with linguist. Why?

I love learning new languages. I know Spanish and English of course. I've been to Germany, France, and Japan...so I experienced first-hand because I had host families and went to school there. Yada yada.

I managed to learn Finnish and Italian through CD-Roms and the internet. In my senior year, I will be taking Arabic. My mother has bought me a few books and CD-Roms that have 10 language-teaching programs on them. I find it so interesting to learn all of these and this is honestly what I'm considering.

But is that enough? How many languages should a linguist know? I guess it depends on where you want to go/do....

My high school has these classes called "concentrations" - sort of like majors in college. I've been in Language Arts for 4 years and this year my class is AP English and Composition. I'm very good with grammar and understanding parts of speech, ect....so that's sufficient to learning more languages....right?



So....final questions:


But it doesn't matter how many languages I know...I want to teach English as a second language in a different country.

Which countries have a semi-need/demand for English teachers....if there are any?

What majors would I take in college? Would I be able to take those in the United States or would I have to leave the country?

How long should I be in college to get a good career?

Where would you apply for a job like that?


Sorry this is so long...I just feel like I should know all of this stuff. Thanks in advance....


How would a career as a linguist be?
I need to write a 2 and 1/2 page essay. Any help/ideas? The notes I have so far are as follows (wall of text ahead):

•Bean was consciously engaged in myth making; The ANZAC Book is an example.
•A Legend is a story, true or false, that achieves a popular acceptance, often due to the fact that the story reaches such a vast audience.
•He only included entries in the ANZAC Book which “promoted the image of the digger he favoured.”
•“…there is a strong case that Bean shaped his account of the AIF in a way which reflected not only his sympathy for the ordinary soldier as opposed to the generals…but which also promoted a mythologised image of the AIF.”
•“Bean saw mateship as more than a form of emotional and physical support for Australian soldiers in combat. It had an almost religious quality and was another key to the success of the AIF. In the absence of more formal and traditional discipline it was mateship – peer-group pressure, the fear of letting others down – that provided informal discipline, making Australians perform and function as an effective fighting force.”
•The Australian Corps succeeded in 1918 because its soldiers, like those of all other nationalities, had been trained in more sophisticated tactics. The armies of which they were part had developed new technology, new techniques of artillery bombardment, and much better planning or organisation at the command level. Of none of these new skills did Australians, either at the level of the infantry unit or high command, have a monopoly.
•Australia’s National Identity is often that of Bushmen.
•ANZACs are an important part of Australia’s National Identity.
•Bean is widely recognised to have done “more than anyone to create the dominant ANZAC legend” (with ANZAC book).
•His legend of the ANZACs acquired a persuasive force that is very prominent in Australian culture.
•Stereotype for the ‘digger’:
oSuperb Fighter
oLarrikin
oEgalitarian
oHumorous
oLoyal to a Mate
•Bean’s somewhat biased reports contributed to the ANZAC legend.
•The nation believed what was in The ANZAC Book, but Bean only included the parts that made Australian fighters look good.
•He focused on the soldiers, making out that they were a ‘supreme Briton’ but “[only] included those entries which promoted the image of the digger [Bean] favoured…”
•Some men shot off their fingers to escape the front, but “No trace of this reluctance was allowed to appear in The ANZAC Book.
•“As a result of Bean’s work and representations, the Australian War Memorial would be built in Canberra.” This is an extremely important part of Australia’s national identity.
•ANZAC Legend:
oSuperb fighter, because of their background.
oNaturally and unusually competent.
oLoyalty to a mate.
oBush life (strong, hardworking, G’day Mate people).
“Bean also included that the experience of living in the bush made Australians natural warriors.”
The bush, he claimed, with its good food, benign climate and active life gave Australians a better physique than their European counterparts.
oIndependence of mind.
oInquisitiveness and resourcefulness.
oEagerness to learn.
oAn ability to make decisions and a skill at scrounging.
oAn Australian from the bush, he claimed, was “bred to a habit of decision, whereas the mind of the city man was more dependent on the will of those about him.”
oHe later argued that the bush was not as ultimately as important as the democratic and egalitarian society in which they lived.
oThe vital element in his account of the AIF was mateship.
oIn 1941, thanks to Bean’s representations, the Australian War Memorial was opened in Canberra.


How Did Charles Bean Help To Create A National Identity?
Is anyone else weirded out by all of these strange questions? Who's my babies daddy? I had sex yesterday and now I have all the pregnancy symptoms know to man? If someone puts sperm in a jar can a girl get pregnant?

Children...Listen
If you have unprotected sex...yes you can get pregnant.
If you cheat on your BF/Husband yes you can get pregnant by the other guy.
Pulling out is not birth control
If there is no semen present NO you can't get pregnant.
Listing pregnancy symptoms don't mean you are pregnant....most of the time they are the same as period symptoms.
If you are 17 & TTC w/ your boyfriend....STOP! Finish high school and try adult hood....its worth it. Why wouldn't you want to wait until you were married anyway?
I don't even know what to say about the person who asked about putting sperm in a jar and someone getting pregnant.

This is supposed to be for people looking for real answers and people who need real advice.

If you think you are pregnant take a test. If it has a really faint line....wait a few days and take another.

People honestly if you used a little logic then some of these questions wouldn't be asked.

I'm sorry to be so rude but I'm just annoyed. I'm trying to learn about pregnancy and TTC through peoples personal experiences and I see a lot more garbage then anything else.


Anyone else want to help clear up some facts for these kids who either sleep around or are just bored at home?I believe lack of education is the problem. Its so sad.

I'm seriously TTC with my husband of 1 year (tomorrow) and I do have real questions and real excitment & I get a lot of info from other questions from other legitimate couples going through what I am going through. Its just sad.


Pregnancy/TTC...WTF is going on?
I think i am kind of smart and i very unorganized very scatterbrained i lose thing all the time. I try to mange things but it just blows up in my face. Paper flying every where. When i try to get organized then it gets messy. I also have very poor test taking skills. When i think of something my thought are all over the place i cant keep them together. I am a bad speller i and spell the easiest of words. I count on my finger when doing math. ( i havent learned my times tables i had trouble with them ever since i was little) I take honers classes and my dad said i have a high IQ. But i think these problems are holding back.

No comments: