Saturday, December 19, 2009

AVATAR

avatar

Avatar Is Like The iPhone Of Movies
I've seen Avatar twice now, which is saying something when you're talking about a nearly three hour movie that was released 36 hours ...

Marginal Revolution: Avatar
To be fair, Avatar's been in production long enough that you can't accuse James Cameron of ripping off the plot of Battle for Terra, which was first released in 2007. This interview says that the first version of the screenplay for ...

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Film review: Avatar
The buzz on the film Avatar was that it would “change the way films are made,” and that it would be as transformative an experience as the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Perhaps that advance promotion was unfortunate, because James Cameron ...

Avatar Is The iPhone Of Movies
avatar I've seen Avatar twice now, which is saying something when you're talking about a nearly three hour movie that was released 36 hours ago. But we lined up on Thursday night for the first midnight showing. ...

'Avatar' Storms Moviegoers In The Saturday Box Office Report » MTV ...
Covering the world of movies with exclusive news, celebrity columns and more.

Marginal Revolution: *Avatar*
*Avatar*. Yes, it is showing already in Leon, Nicaragua, as Bryan Caplan had predicted. You should see it. Cameron has absorbed a lot from Princess Mononoke. The aliens don't seem to trade much or accumulate capital. ...

Bureau 42 | Movie Review – Avatar
When his twin brother, a scientist, was killed in a mugging, Jake takes his place on a mission to the planet Pandora, to take part in the Avatar Project – a project where he will remotely take over the body of a specially grown member ...

Movie Review: “Avatar” - The Screening Log - blogging film
“Avatar” has officially landed in theaters, and people are flocking to screenings to find out what all the hype surrounding the film is all about. One question remains though: will “Avatar” really change the way movies are made? ...

Poll: Do you plan on seeing Avatar this weekend
You probably already know that this is Avatar's opening weekend. It's a big movie to say it lightly. James Cameron invested a lot ...

How do you deal with rude people at the movies?
I want to know dialect and as many words as possible. If you know of a good website or you know some of the language. please let me know!


I just saw the movie Avatar and i want to know more of how to speak Na'Vi.?



Is there the idea for an Avatar MMORPG?
I really want to know. I can understand where the money goes, but I want to know where it came from. I mean, seriously? $500 Million Dollars?! Anyone know?I'm more interested in who or what corporation exactly, if anyone knows. Is it a company that has already had success in movies to spend this much?Ok, wow, my bad, I heard 500 million and didn't read too much into it. My bad, but it's still close to $300 which is crazy!


Who paid the $500 million dollar budget for Avatar?
Is it an accurate representation of you?
Or totally not at all?

Who do you think looks the toughest?


Avatar Fightnight Round 5: What does your avatar say about you?
I had heard that it might but wanted to know if anyone had experienced first hand...if so what did you dream or if anyone new a website that could explain it for me that would be helpful, Thanks =)yeah i saw it today and i was wondering it would be awesome to live in pandora its so beautiful there...and it i would love to be one of the Na'vi i love their eyes!


After seeing the movie Avatar(2009) did it affect your dreams?
so i just saw a trailer for the movie "avatar" (the one with the blue people and the army guy in the wheel chair) and thought it looked pretty interesting so i googled it. some things came up that said "avatar: the last airbender movie" and i though that was the movie i was looking for.

i read up on the plot and it had nothing to do with what i'd seen on the tv. it was talking about a young boy who could manipulate air and other elements but didn't mention any of the things in that trailer...

am i confusing two different movies? which movie is which? i tried searching again but it just got me more confused...


Question about the movie avatar?



ARE YOU GOING TO SEE AVATAR????? POLL!!!!?
Can somebody tell me what every movie on the little icon's are called...

I know that....

#1: Breakfast at Tiffany's
#2: Gone With the Wind
#3: Casablanca (not too sure though...)
#4: no clue... help me
#5: Coneheads
#6: Superman
#7: No clue... help me
#8: Nosferatu
#9: Finding Nemo
#10: Star Trek
#11: The Simpsons
#12: MST3K

So yeah, these are all of them, can someone please help me identify the ones i'm not sure about....

here is a link to all of the icon pictures..

Netflix profile avatars... (the little purple silouhettes)?
My friend was born not being able to see out of one eye~
Of course this makes seeing a 3D movie in clarity imposible.
I just saw the new movie Avatar and it is AMAZING.. it's become one of my favorite movies (when I'm even usually kinda against 3D movies.. and even with all the hype there was already)
It's a movie I think she enjoy immensely, but with one eye it kinda makes it difficult.

So I was wondering: is there any--or would it even be possible--"Y" shaped device that would convert a monocular view to a binocular one? (or visa-versa?) And would it work for a modern 3D movie?

Also, for this I'm meaning the newer "circular polarized" 3D that doesn't quite use the blue/red technology.


Can a person with one eye see a 3D movie clearly in 2D if they use a binocular to monocular device?
If so, can you please tell me if the picture was really clear (HD/High resolution)?

Would you recommend the IMAX 3D or the RealD?

No comments: